Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQ )
2. What’s the difference between bird’s nests that are harvested from swiftlet farms, compared to bird’s nests that are harvested from caves?
We are a bird’s nest producer with control over the entire supply chain. This means we send our bird’s nest products for microbiological, chemical and nutritional tests and analysis regularly, to ensure consistent quality in our drinks.
We are also the first raw bird’s nest producer to receive the Veterinary Health Mark (VHM) accreditation from the Department of Veterinary Services (DVS) Malaysia.We are also certified for multiple food safety and quality standards, including Halal and HACCP. Click here to read more about our certifications.
5. When is the best time to consume a bird's nest drink? And how much should you drink?
6. Does SunshineNest's products contain any artificial substances?
7. Why are there bird's nest drinks of different colours?
For all edible bird’s nests, once the swiftlet’s saliva has hardened the nest, the nest will turn into an off-white or ivory colour.
However, poor conditions in swiftlet farms may result in poor quality bird’s nests being produced. This is often clear when the colour changes from off-white to yellow, orange and even red. These colours tend to contain high levels of nitrates and nitrites which reduces the capacity of blood cells to transport oxygen within our bodies.
However, this is not a concern for SunshineNest, as all our products are harvested in a sustainable and timely manner to minimise the nitrification process.
8. Why should women drink bird's nest products during their confinement period?
Pregnant women should consume bird’s nest products during their confinement period because the drink is high in epidermal growth factor (EGF). EGF helps the mother to recover faster from childbirth and it also improves her complexion, especially if breastfeeding is involved.